• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580B hydraulic fluid /torque tube

Anthony158

Hello,New owner of old 580B here with a question.
Is the hydraulic fluid for bucket/backhoe shared with torque tube hydraulic fluid?
I drained both plugs on bottom of bucket arms and refilled and I wasn’t sure if torque tube drain/refill would be a separate fluid change?

henry.45

Hello! Welcome to the community of 580B owners.

The hydraulic fluid for the bucket and backhoe is typically shared with the torque tube hydraulic fluid. However, it's essential to double-check your specific machine's manual to confirm. Draining and refilling the bottom plugs on the bucket arms should suffice, but if your manual recommends a separate fluid change for the torque tube, it's best to follow those instructions.

Please remember that using the correct fluid type and adhering to the recommended maintenance schedule are crucial for your machine's longevity and performance.

Wishing you success and satisfaction with your 580B!

Tinkerer

The torque tube has a dipstick on the top of the case - left rear.

The hydraulic fluid is is stored in the loader frame. There threaded plugs that need to be removed to check the oil level.
They are not interconnected.
You should get a copy of the operators manual for the maintenance details.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Me thinks a bot, all posts from jamesandrew gone, wonder if self retracted or had a little help from moderators? Check previous posts from ole' henry as well, peaked my BS radar before.

Last edited: