• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 super k manual

nitro

Occupation
gc
ill take anything i can get , had my sk for a couple months now and just finnished the 24" bucket (reshankification process) and got the cab heater to make heat.
is there a section in that manual for what size ballpeen to use on different parts of the machine , or should i just stick to the BFH method

redneck1

1992 case 580 super k 4x4
how do i check my tranny fluid (transaxle) with motor running and hot or motor off and cold level check??
thanks

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
1992 case 580 super k 4x4
how do i check my tranny fluid (transaxle) with motor running and hot or motor off and cold level check??
thanks

Hey redneck1 - welcome to HEF!
Super K with phase 3 transaxle is checked with engine stopped - I usually check them 1 or 2 mins after stopping the engine, so the convertor & oil cooler are near filled.

redneck1

Thanks for that Alrman, I am not sure if i have a phase 3 transaxle but i will check the fluid like that and see how it reads.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Thanks for that Alrman, I am not sure if i have a phase 3 transaxle but i will check the fluid like that and see how it reads.

Phase 3 has 4 speed coming out of dash - model before it comes from the floor.

crankysam

hey Alrman,,Ok I just received a 1991 580 super K and just where do you check the tranny fluid level.Case is new to me and can't find where to check the level?
any help appreciated

mitch504

if the 4-speed shifter comes out of the "side dash" on the right fender, it is a phase 3, and you check it like alrman said. The dipstick is behind the seat, in front of the backhoe controls, through a hole in the floor.

oh, and don't be cranky, be happy and friendly

crankysam

Hey Mitch...lol

The reason they call me crankysam is that I had ground crankshafts for over 20 years.Thank you for the info .,I will look tomarrow.
if the 4-speed shifter comes out of the "side dash" on the right fender, it is a phase 3, and you check it like alrman said. The dipstick is behind the seat, in front of the backhoe controls, through a hole in the floor.

oh, and don't be cranky, be happy and friendly