• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 super E with a 480c three point hitch?

ttip249

I have a case 580super E backhoe and I want to run a Gannon. Iv done some research and it looks like the 480c 3point hitch will fit, does anyone have experience with this? The hitch part numbers are the same for the 480c and 580c but are different from the hitch part number of the 580E. I have the opportunity to get the hitch & Gannon off a 480c for cheap need some help!

Attachments

• IMG_6584.jpeg
    IMG_6584.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6577.jpeg
    IMG_6577.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 7

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'd have bought an E but my money was no good. Seller would accept only cash, I was 200 miles from home. I offered to go to his bank, let his banker call my bank. He wouldn't go for it.
580E is built offshore, I think Italy. 580K is built in Iowa. I'm certain 580G is also offshore. European models are utterly different, but I believe many use Cummins B4 3.9 litre.

Welder Dave

1st, your backhoe isn't a quick attach so taking it on and off is a bit of a chore. 2nd, it doesn't have a 3 pt. so finding all the parts and adapting them will be a lot of work as well. 3rd, finding all the parts and making sure they are the right ones will take some work looking through different parts books. 4th, cost, it will likely cost 2 or more thousand dollars for the parts. 5th, you could likely buy an older Ag tractor in the 5 or $6000 range that will also have a PTO if you ever wanted to run a mower or tiller. A tractor already equipped with a 3 pt. hitch will likely be much more user friendly 6th, you can keep the hoe on your 580K so it's always available if you need to dig out rocks or stumps encountered while using the box blade. It would be a lot of work adding a 3pt. to your 580K with no guarantees of how well it will work.

ttip249

It’s an E with a quick release hoe & the 3point hitch is complete with the valve and hydraulics.

Welder Dave

OK BUT the 3pt. is off a 580C and you have 580E. If your machine is built in Europe you can be guaranteed it's different. I don't know if the part numbers are even comparable between Euro. machines and US machines. It's really sad Dale Weiss passed away. He was the guy that might have been able to tell if the 3 pt. would work on your backhoe.