• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 l rubber bumper stud

Maybeso

It's been a while since I've been on here, hope everyone is having a happy fathers day. I had the stud that holds the rubber bumper on the boom of my 580 l, break. Two questions, one how do you get that stud loose, does it have a nut on the back side ( I hope not) or is it just threaded into the boom? What is that piece called so I can try to find and order one. Maybe that was more than two questions, thank you

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I'm not sure how that bumper attaches but if it's a stud maybe you can drill it out. Send a pic if you can.

Maybeso

My machine is a 580L, extendahoe, 1997, it's not a series two, not sure if that makes a difference. So there must be a nut or bolt that holds this in place and I guess I have to try to get a wrench up between the hoses inside the boom