• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

555E Wheel bearing preload torque spec

1998 555E

There seems to be a couple of videos made by Carraro but I cannot find any PDF's on the topic. Here are the videos. When I tried to post as a video it came up as an error so I will just post the YouTube llinks.
This video is for the Planetary area, bushings, seals, wheel bearings, axle joints.
This is where I got the 95 Nm or 70.01 Ft. / Lbs. with Loctite 270 (blue?) from. for the wheel bearings. Is this the end of the mystery?

Last edited:

cosmaar1

There seems to be a couple of videos made by Carraro but I cannot find any PDF's on the topic. Here are the videos. When I tried to post as a video it came up as an error so I will just post the YouTube llinks.
This video is for the Planetary area, bushings, seals, wheel bearings, axle joints.
This is where I got the 95 Nm or 70.01 Ft. / Lbs. with Loctite 270 (blue?) from. for the wheel bearings. Is this the end of the mystery?
I actually had 8 bolts on my ring gear while you had 6 I believe. I tested my bolts before I took them out and they were somewhere between 80-90 lbs. I did notice loctite on them when I took them out.

I ended up putting them back in at 80 lbs and adding blue loctite. Should be good to go!