• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

555e backhoe lift capacity

cosmaar1

I saw somewhere that the loader lift capacity is somewhere around 7,000 lbs.

Anybody have any idea what the capacity of the backhoe is? I’m building a pond and am contemplating going a size bigger on the catch basin. The 2x2x4 is about 2800 lbs, and if I go to 2.5x2.5x4 it’s going to be around 4000ish.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Why not lift it with the front loader?

cosmaar1

Why not lift it with the front loader?
The catch basin will need to be installed about 5 ft off the dam wall and I’m not not sure it will have the reach to get it fully there. Also, I need to make a few modifications to the front bucket as there is no where to hook a chain.

But looks like I need to plan to use the front one!! Thanks NH!

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
^^^
Using the loader will be much more stable. If you plan to use the backhoe for lifting that much weight you might want to fill the loader bucket with ballast.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
use a come-a-long on the front bucket, this way you can lower it into a hole. Gonna need a hook on the front loader tho.

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
Bought 2 of these today

th

They sell clips for those that will keep the chain in, but when I searched, I didn't see them for sale separately. I know I got them separately before, and only a couple bucks.
71F7yN7SDEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg