• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

530CK swing pedals

wlas

I just got this machine and it needs work, one of the things is the pedals are stuck and will not move, I don't have a manual on the backhoe, Does the pin that runs through both pedals just knock out or does it have some type of pin to keep it in place ?

wlas

I forgot to include a picture of my new to me 530CK 1966 model backhoe

backhoe013Medium.jpg

wlas

Thanks, I've got the left pedal to move now, but the right one is seized on the shaft, I would like to knock the shaft out and clean it up or maybe replace it. I may have to put some heat to it. the shaft is pretty well seized, anyone ever have this problem ? The reason I need to get it out is because the shaft is not sticking out on the right side very far and jumps out of the eye that's welded to the side.

Tinkerer

I myself would heat it as hot as it needs be to get it loose. Be sure to drive the shaft from the right hand side to the left so you will clear the RH pedal first. Also it is typical of a machine that has no cab enclosing the backhoe controls. My backhoe was made in 1974 and had an enclosed cab. But the rear window was a factory option and the original owner didn't buy it with one. I had the same problem with the swing pedals. I was able to find a complete rear window including the required tracks for it. It made a huge difference in regards to keeping the rain and snow off the backhoe controls.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
Mine are stuck too, but I have managed to work thrm loose, except for the left one. It's loose - will move with force. There are grease zerks on them, but being up under the dash, doubt if they were ever lubed. Gonna try a little heat on that one, maybe if it melts the grease it will free the rest of the way up. I have ROPS but no cab. Think when I'm finished, I'll buy some lexan and put a windshield in it, should keep the rain off a little. No snow here.

wlas

I've gotten them free, but so far even with heat haven't been able to drive out the pin, which needs to come out because it's to short and keeping jumping out of the hinge thats welded to the deck. When it starts to get warmer I'am going to try again, but right now the only thing I've been using the machine for is plowing snow. oldman where in Florida are you, we have a house down there and go every winter.

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
Wow - that must be somekind of a snowbird travel record - Alaska to Fl. I'm in a little town called Pomona Park, about 75mi S of Jacksonville on US17.