• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

50's Insley Excavator?

dozerman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner operator excavation
One of my rock suppliers has this sitting at the pit.
He says he ran it last week.
It weighs 40 ton.
It takes a large arm to run it 8 hours a day, but it will load faster than a modern 3 yard hydraulic loader (so I am told).

Is it worth a $1000?
Anyone know anything more about this machine?
I tried google.....no dice.

Attachments

• dsc00061.jpg
    dsc00061.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4,092

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Here's an ebay item that might tell you a little something.

I've always wanted to learn to run something like that.

BTW, that turned up when I asked Google for "insley shovel".

badranman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner Cutting Edge Construction Limited
There is a similar unit I've seen on the #9 highway in Maine but it is mounted on a truck. I don't think it runs though. Is he selling it for $1000 ? I'd buy it just to have in my backyard!

dozerman

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner operator excavation
I have been bugging the owner for years to let me haul off that old shovel. When I last told him I'd give a $1000 for it he showed some interest for the first time.

My thought is to haul it home for a decoration that runs. mailbox mount? Might be fun to fire up from time to time. Kids could play on it (kid proofed of course). And free up some pit space for my buddy the owner.

Dusty

Charter Member
there is 2 machines that look like that in a pit near me in se pa the 1 ran a few years ago

D10R

Occupation
groundskeeper
that machine looks pretty cool. send it here, I want it. :yup give the keys here.

Stroker

Id say its worth way more than $1,000 just in scrap metal. Would definatly make for a nice conversation piece. If Im ever rich one day, I could definatly see restoring old equipment as one of my hobbies...

Deere500a

A little degreaser,glass & paint mailbox ready. If it runs & works $1000 is cheap. Tie your mower to bucket & have fun cutting your lawn & your wife can see you did not waste any money

Last edited: