• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

$500 1966 530ck with case-omatic Start of resurrection thread

Eric a1cnc

I picked up the hydraulic tanks. The loader on my 530 is a 32. The tanks are for a 33. Hmm back to deciding if I fix the original tank or not...

Eric a1cnc

On Another note on this backhoe.The backhoe mounts are COMPLETELY welded solid. That wouldn't be all bad maybe BUT, the backhoe control valves all leak as if there is no o-ring left in them.

How much aggravation is it going to be to repair them in the backhoe? It looks like the tower with the levers is bolted on. Maybe I can remove that and get some access to the valves?

Looking for anyone who has done this job before for tips.

TIA

Eric a1cnc

I have a copy of the parts manual for this. I can't seem to find where it shows the spool valves and seals for the backhoe control valves. It shows all the pressure relief valves just nothing on the spools. Is there a different breakdown somewhere?

I am trying to familiarize myself with what I am getting into before going hog wild and screwing myself:eek:

Eric a1cnc

Thank you for that. I have been to that site before but, always have a hard time finding what I want. Most likely just operator error!:)

Eric a1cnc

Back on the Ol Hoe last few days. I decided to weld up the existing tank and hope for the best. I spent 1/2 a day sunday welding and in place black-smithing. I used a piece of 3/16 steel I had and plug welded it to the tank.Then I heated what became a flange with my acetylene torch and persuaded it with my 3lb. hand sledge. Not the prettiest but Hey, It is better than it was. At least I can use it now. I need to make a spacer to space the loader arm out a bit.

I tested the loader today for ~ 3 hours moving a pile of dirt from out front to out back. The dirt was very loamy and dense. I figure if it didn't break I did ok.

The case-omatic acts weird. Sometimes it has good power as soon as I let off the "clutch" pedal,and other times it will sort of move the tractor and all of a sudden it acts like something engages and then it has pushing power. When it does that, even engaging direct drive doesn't help. Not sure what that is.20210503_070101.jpg 20210503_070049.jpg