• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4in1 on any bobcat?

413wedge

im looking for my first bobcat and I know im going to want put a 4 in 1 on it if it dosent come with one. is there a control that comes on 4 in 1 machines or can you plug and play with all machines?

lantraxco

If the lines are there, usually the valve and control are also. Adding things depends on the machine make and model.

Hazcat

My case 1845 didn't have aux controls when I got it. It wasn't too hard or costly but that machine is about as simple as can be. I think it would be easier to buy a machine already set up with aux. a 4 in 1 bucket is quite handy

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
If the machine doesn't have a pressure relief valve on the aux. circuit, you'll need to add one.

Ed
The 4n1 buckets that are made here in Oz have the relief valve mounted on them. That way you never have to alter the machine for other attachments,

lantraxco

The 4n1 buckets that are made here in Oz have the relief valve mounted on them. That way you never have to alter the machine for other attachments,
Which is fine for regulating cylinder force, but in a situation where force is applied to a cylinder beyond the point where the relief valve opens, there may be nowhere for the oil to flow to. see: Pressure intensification

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
I think the way it' works is when the valve pops the oil returns through the opposite line. That way overload can't happen.

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer

Interesting....I use a 4-1, grapple, backhoe and auger. The only one the valve affects is the auger, stalls easier if you hit a rock or root. Not an issue, prevents really screwing something up.

Ed

crewchief888

bobcat recommends installing a port relief in the control valve for industrial grapple and 4in1 bucket applcations. most bobcat valves dont have a port relief in the aux curcuit.

:eek: