• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

455G track loader or dozer..

Crash

My boss Hass a 455G stuck at a site. We have tried to move it but, it gets a light on if we try to move fwd or back, he said in the past he had changed the filter and it started moving again, he wants me to Change the transmission fluid, I moved the bucket all the way down so I can get under it, but can't seem to find the right drain plug, took off panels under but see where the dip stick is up above when I'm on top, and am unsure where to drain the transmission. Could anyone help me with this, also what kind of fluid goes in the tranny on the 455G. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!! Crash........

Crash

I can really use the help, this is the only machine of his I haven't fixed yet.. LoL

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Drain plug (it is a pipe plug) for the transmission is on the bottom right side about 6 inches from the rear of the machine and maybe a foot from the right final drive. It uses JD Hygard fluid. About 26 gallons of the stuff. If you drain the oil I would recommend taking up the floor board and removing the suction screen to inspect/clean. It is held in with 6 bolts and it faces front off the front side of the transmission with a "hose clamped" hose on it.

Crash

Okay! Thank you, before I go he just asked me about recharging a accumulator? He isn't sure about it or where it is, also I have the bucket down all the way so the machine is tilled up should I lower it while it's draining, I would think so but thought I should ask. Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!

Crash

Thank you for the help , my boss is a mom and pop business, he has gone through some hard times with his mom being I'll and the jobs are starting to come back in. I'm a diesel mechanic, but work on large yacht's till I hit a deer on my Harley, so 7 surgery's later I'm using my knowledge on heavy equipment, it's been 6 years with him now and I'm still learning. I'm there to help him and myself . That's why it's so great to hear from you guys. I appreciate your time and help so much... Thank you again for your help.. Have a great 4 of July!!!!!! Eric Barone...

Bls repair

Occupation
Equipment operator,mechanic
If it takes two days longer to repair a machine because you don’t have the information on hand you have already lost more then the manuals cost. The more you use them the more you save.

jwalk2c

I know this an old thread and I am to late, but here is hoping I can help the next person with a G Series John Deere. If it is a TC the manual states to prime the pump after draining before cranking to avoid damage .
Not sure about direct drive.
If I recall a new manual can be purchased for less than $100 and easily pays for itself. Probably find one on Ebay used.
Thank you
Johnny Walker