• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450B- No longer a yard ornament

Labparamour

82D97612-E9B0-4F21-A08B-4B492C8E7528.jpeg 0095D2B0-DD2D-4129-81FA-3FFD5E4B3B5C.jpeg D543396A-F1D4-4EE0-B8D9-00F520A0CA77.jpeg 508CEEB7-05FA-4EEE-BFFD-96D280792954.jpeg Bought on Craigslist 3 years ago.
Price seemed good. In hindsight, probably should have walked...after finding seller put a grade 5 bolt, 2” too short, in the frame/bellhousing to hide the broken bolt behind it!
Replaced that two years ago (thankfully, broken bolt spun out while drilling for an easy-out using left hand bit).
Had slight coolant leak- saw a crack in neck of thermostat housing and someone had soldered damaged radiator tubes. Also found play in cooling fan.

Used it off and on to help clear some cottonwoods on our 5 acres...keeping tabs on fluids.

Finally put ‘er up on blocks last fall and, between work, weather, family, and, always finding something else needing repair (both on machine and around my place), I finally finished it up in time for summer.
It’d probably still be up on blocks if I hadn’t had some help from my grandson!:)

Rebuilt water pump, put in reconditioned radiator, made new shaft for hydraulic pump disconnect after having to cut/pry out frozen shaft, welded in replacement section of steel line that was crushed- one on suction and one on pressure side of hydraulics.
Rebuilt power steering cylinders and replaced flex lines to same.
Put new turbo on and oil lines to it.
Rebuilt one hydraulic track adjuster and removed weld someone put over bleed hole in the adjuster and used valve lapping compound to help seat ball in adjuster so it doesn’t leak.
Replaced track idler- one flange was thin and someone threw a track and the bushings took out several chunks of flange.
Replaced some sending units so all gauges should work now.

There was a discussion on HEF on anti-seize. I love that stuff.
I was using it like Frank’s redhot ...”I put that sh!t on everything!”:p