• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4500 industrial transmission

f4500chuck

i have a 1975 4500 industrial, it may be another model, like 3500 or 4100, parts don't always match up, and I cannot find a serial number, anyway, it has the power reversing 4 speed in it, I do not use it enough to actually need the shuttle shift, and would like to put a manual gear transmission and a clutch in it. is it possible if I could find a 4 or 8 speed to swap. without the PTO.
i have a 9 foot Bobcat backhoe bolted on the back
what do ya think.

crane operator

Check Break

i have a 1975 4500 industrial, it may be another model, like 3500 or 4100, parts don't always match up, and I cannot find a serial number, anyway, it has the power reversing 4 speed in it, I do not use it enough to actually need the shuttle shift, and would like to put a manual gear transmission and a clutch in it. is it possible if I could find a 4 or 8 speed to swap. without the PTO.
i have a 9 foot Bobcat backhoe bolted on the back
what do ya think.
You don't want a 4spd but an 8 will do fine. When you find one, make sure you get the flywheel and clutch that were in front of that transmission. Make sure the output shaft and pinion are compatible.

berky

Ford also made a 10 speed. Six forward and four reverse ranges. Had one in a 4500 and it was a beast in that lowest range. They were rare but can be found.

f4500chuck

You don't want a 4spd but an 8 will do fine. When you find one, make sure you get the flywheel and clutch that were in front of that transmission. Make sure the output shaft and pinion are compatible.
Found an 8 speed out of a 4400? Can I put another output shaft on it if not comparable? Clutch pressure plate and flywheel not with it.
$200.00