• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4410 blaw knox hyd issues

Lvce2

Have a blaw knox 4410 2004 model with about 5000.hrs we just change the hyd oil and filters now when you cut the paver off hyd oil blowes out of the top of the tank.never did this before.thanks for any help.

Ben Witter

Are you sure you have the correct level in the hydraulic reservoir? It should be about 5 inches below the top while running and hot. The level will rise after the engine is shut off. The dipstick should have 2 full marks one for cold (higher) and one for running (lower).

Is the oil just seeping out of the cap or is it spraying? Is changing the oil and filters the only thing you have changed and did everything work fine before that?

Lvce2

It is spraying out,that is the only thing we have done.it was working fine before the filter change.they tell me they are putting the oil on the correct level.i went out and looked there was a lot of oil laying around the machine after they cut it off.thanks for the help.

Ben Witter

I suppose I should ask a more basic question. Is it spraying out of the pressurized or vented reservoir? There are 2 reservoirs. one with the filters and a round plate on top with a plug in the center and one that has a breather. You fill and check from the vented one.

Ben Witter

Did you ever find anything wrong? If it worked fine before your guys change the fluids and filters more than likely they messed it up. Did they install the correct filters? Its possible they have something in the bypass valve on the pressure tank. Have they checked what the pressure is in the pressurized tank and what happens when they shut the machine off?

Lvce2

Thanks Ben it has stop I think there was something in the system that has passed on through.maybe a bit of a oring or seal thanks for your help.

Lvce2

That's very likely because it fix itself very quickly when I mentioned that after you told me to look for that. Thanks again Ben.