• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

416C, Seat Rotate Stop

ddiiggy

Was using last week. Flipped the seat around. Won't latch to stop. Seat swivels back and forth.
I looked under the seat and it looks like there is supposed to be a spring to flip a strap down with a pin that is supposed to go in a hole to keep the seat in position facing forward or back. I can't see a spring or where it goes.

Is this going to be an easy 'go to tractor supply and get something' or is it a rotating/spiral spring that should come from Cat and they don't sell it? Does the seat base come apart?

Thoughts? Anybody ever have to work on seat base?

ddiiggy

I finally got schedule enough to take a stab at this.

Took a couple of bolts out of the front of the slider track and the seat slides back far enough to get to this.
Got the spring out. Yep, broke.
Call CAT. Figure out what spring. Said looks like spring is available.
Probably cost less than 5 bucks. Maybe cost ~$20 to have it. Probably take a week.

I went to hardware store and found a spring that felt about the same.
The spring I got was thicker and wouldn't fit under the rod.
Had a hole in the plate under the rod that made the spring stay in position.
I ground the edges of the hole out enough so the spring would fit.
Done.