• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4000w and 4100w VICON operators manuals!

AKSNOW

Occupation
Heavy Eqpt / NCCO Crane operator
Hi everyone! Looking for operators manuals for 4000w and 4100w VICON cranes. As suspected the " parts and pieces " that are still there are like reading the Dead Sea Scrolls! Thanks

kat09

Occupation
operating engineer 38yrs.(retired)2013
Every daily crane inspection that I've had to fill out had a place to check off about the opr. manual. With the way every thing is now with certification,safety mtgs.,drug testing.....yada yada yada you gotta man up and tell them to get the books. I wouldn't run a crane today without the manuals in it with the correct serialized cap. charts. Sometimes being a crane operator means you gotta be a *****.

AKSNOW

Occupation
Yes Kat09 your right. They have the original but it is weathered and hard to read. Someone actually had taken the time and laminated the charts but I wasn't sure if all of the "notes" got copied and also, couldn't tell if you deduct for extra parts of line. I think the older Manitwocs figure it in but until I get a definitive answer I am deducting it to be on the safe side! Thanks for the reply

Operator4100

Hey Aksnow, yep charts suppose to have serial # on them, go to Essex crane rental website you will have to log in then you can look at all the charts in any set up you want. yes deduct anything hanging below the boom when figuring net capacity. Now tell us what you think of running these cranes?????

kat09

Occupation
operating engineer 38yrs.(retired)2013
Aksnow, As Operator4100 said on a Manitowoc you deduct ALL cable below the boom tip whether it is being used or not. Whats the serial number of the 41? Hope you have a lube chart, hate to see something burn up. Kind of embarassing! Thats one of the problems today, people learn to run the cranes but nobody teaches them how to maintain them. A friction crane requires a lot of T.L.C. There is always something to do. Have a good day.

AKSNOW

Occupation
Operator4100 and Kat09 thanks for the replies! I am in the baby steps and haven't really ran it yet just going over components and lube points and lube schedules with the mechanic. Thanks for your help and will have many more questions I'm sure. It's good to have a resource like you guys. I have a good boss who allows for me to learn and be safe and trusts me!

AKSNOW

Occupation
Hey guys got the serial # off the 4100w is 41827. I will register with Essex crane and get the charts I need. I am going to be switching gears next week as the 3900 truck crane is getting disassembled for boom and chord repair and change out cable. Thanks again for all of your help!