• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

36" pads on 6r lgp

tj_farmer

can someone give me a ballpark idea what a 36" pad should cost for a 6r lgp?thanks

QuickTrax

You should be looking somewhere around $60 for aftermarket and $70 for genuine Cat. This is the 36" moderate service for the standard undercarriage.
Good Luck, QuickTrax

Occupation
Parts supplier
They should be around $32 dollars from the same manufacture that makes them for Cat. Don't make the mistake of buying them fom the dealer. Its like buying shoe laces from a dealer. There universal. Just don't buy Chinese product as the sacrifice the material in the product that ends up with unwanted down time. Good luck Brook

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
My local dealer is $64.50 each for genuine Cat shoes. I just picked a Part number at random for a D6R 36" shoe, there are about a dozen different ones. If I was in the Continental US it would be slightly lower than that.

Good luck trying to buy track shoes from the people who make them for Cat. You'll usually find that have a sole-supplier contract and are not allowed to sell them to anyone else. Now they may also manufacture a shoe that is a "will fit" alongside their Cat line that they can sell, but generally you'll find it will have inferior metallurgy just like the Chinese ones you mentioned and therefore won't last as long. "It's cheap for a reason ......."

Ever thought about re-grousering if the base of your existing shoes are still think enough and the shoes are not twisted (always a problem with LGP shoes) ...? If so take a look at Dura-Tuff Grouser Bar - www.dura-tuff.com/

tj_farmer

thanks guys, i thought about repading her, but im trying to work out a price on a used dozer, and the guy was putting pads and rails on it. but didnt know what the pads should of been worth, the pads on it are not in bad shape, it was just that now was the time, if i wanted them on.