• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

350l cat help

jperfect

Occupation
operator digging mainline
the guy im working for is picking up a 1998 350l cat. excavator, maybe. can anybody help us out the specs of this digger? and were gone to be looking for a 16ft. stick for it, if anybody got one let me know what you want for it.

mflah87

Occupation
owner of excavating company
All depends on the work your going to be doing with it. If your doing demo work then you'd want a short stick for more breakout force. If your doing deep excavations a long stick would be better. But sometimes your better to have a short stick on a site job so you can move more material faster.

jperfect

Occupation
im digging mainline sewer and water. looking for lifting and max depth of diging.

mflah87

Occupation
I couldn't give you exact measurements and capacities, but I do think the digging depth is somewhere around 35 ft. I have a Komatsu PC600 that'll go down 35 feet. I would call the Cat dealer near you and ask them for some information on it. I never owned a Cat 350, but I know some who have and they had problems with them. You might be better off with a Komatsu PC600 or Volvo of that size.

Wulf

According to the Cat Performance Handbook

I'm surprised none of the 'Cat guys' could help...

Cat 350 and 350L (Japan Sourced)

Dig depth with Reach Boom
30' 1" with 15' 9" stick
26' 2" with 11' 10" stick
24' 4" with 10' 2" stick

Dig Depth with Mass Boom
24' 10" with 12' 2" stick
22' 6" with 9' 8" stick
20' 9" with 7" 10" stick

Max lift depends on whether you have 350L standard or 350L 'Heavy Lift' and mass boom or reach boom..

jperfect

Occupation
got the 350 today seems to run good digs good. i need the long stick 23 ft bore pit today and had a hard time with the reach. thanks wulf. we were looking at a volvo I ran loader and it was junk, my boss is to cheap to buy a pc 600. if we buy this one we are gone to be looking for a long stick and quick coupler.

mflah87

Occupation
well when your cheap boss is yelling at you to go faster, tell him things would went faster with a Komatsu.