• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3406b peec help please

200lc1

I recently bought a (sitting for 3 yrs) truck from an auction, that needs a bit of tlc. S/N 8tc13254 Engine seems to run well, it's in a '91 IH 9300. I have a front housing leak to fix below the compressor (seems common on these according to you tube). Getting a 25 code (boost sensor) need to figure that out. Somebody has disconnected the line from the port next to the boost sense on the back of the injection pump and left it open. Am I correct to believe it should connect to a line on the air filter box? There's one plugged off that seem awfully close to the right length for there with the right jic -4 fitting. The turbo is boosting, maybe not to spec, but at least 15psi without really working it, and the line to the sense port is intact. I don't know what type of mechanic was troubleshooting it before it got parked and replaced with a newer truck.
Jake didn't work, after some troubleshooting, found it to be the rigging of the throttle position sensor. It won't cut off at idle and will bog the engine. They had pulled out the relay for it as well. Is it typical to not have a low idle cutoff sensor on a factory installed brake? Or am I looking for the tach sensor circuit to solve this? Jacob's manuals mentioned with and without cutoff.
Thanks for any advice, I'm trying to get it certified for the road next week. I never expected that it would be so hard to find info for these older trucks. Guess I need to get a couple manuals for it now too. I just need a safe, used once in awhile, hay hauler.
Thanks again

Truck Shop

A PEEC should have a low rpm cutoff for jake, a total manual injected won't. As far as the port next to boot sensor I don't remember, my manual
is at work.

200lc1

thanks, I'll dig into that circuit. I'm ok manually using the jake for now, just happy to have it useable.