• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

333d Final drive rebuild

Redheadguy1

Hello to all, I am new to this forum and new to compact tractor ownership. So I purchased a track loader 2012 333d with 1200 hrs from a auction. This machine was un drivable at the time due to busted hydraulic lines. I have since made repairs to the hydraulic lines but it seems like the drive motors need rebuilt. (Slow response and no power) has anyone had experience on rebuilding these themselves? I have been a mechanic for 40 years. And have worked on a lot of different machines. But I have never been into a final drive. I guess what I’m looking for is words of encouragement or discouragement. Thanks Pete. Also if anyone in the community has a repair manual on PDF file and would Pages containing disassemble and reassemble these it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Pete.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Pete;)!

Lets not jump right to drive motors until we have more information starting with the serial number.

EH machine or mechanical controls?

Has charge pressure been checked?

Redheadguy1

This is a EH machine, I am not sure where to check the charge pressure but the other hydraulic functions seem to work fine.
The serial number is, *1T033DKEB0200535*

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
First question. Why do you think the drive lacks power?

Does it have a creep mode switch? A switch with a snail on it. Your serial number indicates that it does not. Make sure that is off if you have it.

Charge pressure is measured at the filter head behind the right side engine panel. Measured at full throttle with oil at 110*F minimum. Spec is 500-700 psi. If you attach a long whip hose you can also check the charge pressure when driving during the low power to see if the charge pressure drops off.

Usually the first thing I would recommend with an EH machine is to perform a calibration if charge pressure is good.

If you want to dive into your own repairs then the tech manual TM11454 Operation and Test manual is a must. Repair manual is TM11439. Engine manual is CTM101019.

Redheadguy1

In answer to your question, I was running it on a 4% slope and would barely move. Slow to respond to turning. It does not have a creep mode switch. I will test the pressure at the filter housing ASAP. Thanks for the info.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
A rule of thumb with hydraulics is to pressure check first. It's a way cheaper than fixing something that ain't broke.

Redheadguy1

Thanks, I Just ordered new pressure tester to replace old one i had. I will go from there.

Redheadguy1

So, I’ve checked the pressure
Idle- 200-250 psi
2800 RPM 300-350
And doesn’t change at full speed.
I can get it to move fast with no load. But when you drop the bucket and try to drag with it it won’t move hardly at all. Once again. Thanks to all who reply. Greatly appreciated! Pete

Redheadguy1

When I got it It had a broken hard line on the right side final. I replaced the line along with a few more questionable lines and replaced all hydraulic fluid and filter at that time.

Redheadguy1

Yes sir, very clean, Must have been serviced not long before I got it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Then try adjusting the charge relief up to 500 psi at full rpm. Don't go higher because there were other issues if it is too high. The adjustment for it is on the side of the hydrostatic pump next to the park brake solenoid (I believe it will be on your left looking in). To adjust it the cab has to be up. If you start the machine with the cab up I highly recommend blocking the machine up off the ground.

Also are there any codes? Press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds until Service Menu appears. Scroll through the monitor to get to codes and post any that are active/stored.