• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

333D Cab side panels vibrations

lsquared

I have a 2010 Deere 333D with 1,250 hours on it. The sides and windows on the cab started vibrating last fall and continued to get worse. You could find "sweet spots" with the engine rpm's where the vibrations was reduced. There is very little vibration and slow speeds. I replaced the tracks, set the tracks to a tight spec and ran it for about 10 - 15 hours. Reset the sag to spec and the vibrations are getting worse. There does not appear to be any problems the the idlers or drive motors. Could engine mounts be causing this? Any thoughts?

Vetech63

Is the vibration happening when the machine is not moving but the engine running at different rpm’s?

lsquared

Thanks Vetech63,
There is no vibration when the machine is stationary and the engine is at different rpm's. And I did replace drive sprockets when the tracks were replaced. And another bit of information is that I change the oil in the final drives yearly and have never noticed any particles.

searcyfarms

was it happening before you changed tracks?
I could say the engine mounts could be ruled out unless you have to load the engine to get it to act up or they are just starting to wear enough when demand requires it to give a small vibration.

my guess would be more to the tune of worn seals/rubber getting age, tracks in windows getting worn, shrinkage of the seals, and any mild vibration is doing its thing. i would see if its worse/better on concrete vs a smooth flat dirt surface also.

my windows rattle your teeth loose in my wheeld machine but i know my seals/tracks in windows, engine mounts are all 15yrs old - mine is a volvo though so primitive cab compared to yours - heat only - just my side windows rattle not the front door.

do this, take a piece of foam, rubber, wood wedge, and put in the track or glass between where the meet etc.....or between the metal cage and the glass so see if you can quiet it down enough to hear anything else going on.

just some ideas to try to maybe isolate it and see if you can feel an inordinate vibration that is rhythmical to the track revolution/footprint, engine rpm, and troubleshoot

good luck

lsquared

Thanks searcyfarms.
Yes it was vibrating before the tracks were changed.
The vibration is about the same on gravel, dirt or concrete.
I just checked and there are two dampners/isolators on the "hinge" bolts on top of the cab and two on the hold down bolts (cab to frame).
I'll see if I can change those out.
Thanks!

lsquared

Update -
We replaced the hinge and hold down isolators yesterday. All of them were pretty well worn.
Test drove the machine and the vibrations were reduced, but not eliminated.
We blocked the machine up and ran the tracks at various speeds and engine rpms, both forward and back.
There was no vibration in any of the drive components! The motor mounts looked fine, the engine did not vibrate. However the metal screens on the windows are still vibrating big time.
It appears to be related to "speed" of the tracks. Track tension is well within spec and the new drive sprockets look fine.
About the only thing left is to remove the windows, install new isolators and "sealant" around the windows. We'll start that tomorrow.

searcyfarms

hey thanks for the update, I gave up on the vibration on mine and went with some butyl foam squares i cut between the glass and metal cage - my cage was rattling against the windows at times. I decided the foam/rubber items on the windows/tracks were just not going to net me what i was looking for, too many other worn pieces so I live with it. Mine is more engine RPM related however.

I hope you get it all quieted down to your satisfaction. Great Job!!

Update -
We replaced the hinge and hold down isolators yesterday. All of them were pretty well worn.
Test drove the machine and the vibrations were reduced, but not eliminated.
We blocked the machine up and ran the tracks at various speeds and engine rpms, both forward and back.
There was no vibration in any of the drive components! The motor mounts looked fine, the engine did not vibrate. However the metal screens on the windows are still vibrating big time.
It appears to be related to "speed" of the tracks. Track tension is well within spec and the new drive sprockets look fine.
About the only thing left is to remove the windows, install new isolators and "sealant" around the windows. We'll start that tomorrow.