• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

330 Volvo

coalburner

Update, transmission does not have a hole in the casting, oil was shooting from a solenoid leak and hitting transmission. The other leak is behind the torque converter, they are pulling it back apart tomorrow.

20dub

Update, transmission does not have a hole in the casting, oil was shooting from a solenoid leak and hitting transmission. The other leak is behind the torque converter, they are pulling it back apart tomorrow.

coalburner i feel your pain...seems like it never ends...:Banghead

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
on Volvo wheel loaders is the transmission bolted directly to the engine, or is there a driveshaft between the engine and the torque converter?

fll0203

about the tooth

Hello,everyone,it is my first time getting here
I wonder what brand of bucket tooth you prefer,and where can I buy them.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF Fll0203! :drinkup

I personally prefer the Esco tooth and shank system for mining buckets. They are alot easier to change and last longer (at least they seem to) than the Cat system.

As far as availability in China.....well.....I'm not really familiar with the China area...... :D

Forgot about this thread, hows that loader treating you Coalburner? Still giving you problems?

coalburner

Hi,
Got about two days work out of it before it broke again. It won't shift right, been waiting for parts, still didn't fix it. Volvo expert flying in from Washington, and customer service tec. tomorrow. They took the loaner loaders and I have been with out the 330 for over a week. All I can say is live and learn. Cat from now on....................Any body want to buy and like new Volvo?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Hi,
Got about two days work out of it before it broke again. It won't shift right, been waiting for parts, still didn't fix it. Volvo expert flying in from Washington, and customer service tec. tomorrow. They took the loaner loaders and I have been with out the 330 for over a week. All I can say is live and learn. Cat from now on....................Any body want to buy and like new Volvo?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You have been very patient through this ordeal, I'll definately give you that. Your absolutely right to express your opinion as you have. I hope you give Volvo your opinion of that machine too.

Good luck with your loader and make sure you are not asking but demanding the service you want. :thumbsup

Last edited:

coalburner

They think they got it fixed. They gave it to us around 7:00 and my guys are going to run it tonight and I am going in around 3:00 this morning to run it for myself. The expert and mechanics are coming back in the morning to fix anything we find wrong with it. Yesterday we had the salesman, company manager, service manager, parts manager, expert from Washington, Volvo customer service rep, and two mechanics working on making this right. Volvo is sending us a letter acknowledging the problems and promising to see this loader fixed, after warranty. Our plant is down for a major outage and we have 36K tons to move this week, I will be in deep *&^* if the Volvo doesn't do what we bought it for!!!!!!!!!!!

alco

Coalburner,

Thanks for the information. We are currently looking at buying a new loader to replace a 988F that is getting pretty tired. We aren't sure the monoboom on a 988H will stand up to the stress of handling 100' pipe all day. I have never had any experience at all around Volvo loaders, so this has been a bit of an eye opener for me. I have always heard very favourable things about Volvo loaders, so I didn't expect this. I am however, well aware that this type of thing can happen with any brand. It is nice to see the dealer and company trying to rectify the issues. So was your machine built first thing on a Monday morning, or last thing on Friday afternoon...lol.

Keep us updated as to what's happening.

Brian

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
It's well known that Volvo had a lot of trouble with the L-330E, that is why they did away with that model and went to the L-350F, which looks like a great machine.

jmac

It's well known that Volvo had a lot of trouble with the L-330E, that is why they did away with that model and went to the L-350F, which looks like a great machine.
Today 03:03 AM

Hey Directtech, this could have been well known to you but obviously Coalbunner wasn't in the loop!
Doesn’t make a bit of difference to him, all he wants is his huge investment to do what it was supposed to do.
Sorry to here about your problems coalburner but it does sound like Volvo is trying to fix it, but maybe they should trade you a 350F!

Gmads

Occupation
Ditchdigger
In defense of Volvo loaders, I have 6 of 'em - a L110E, (2) L70Es, (2) L60Es, and a L50E. No problems out of any of them. One of the GCs we work for has all CAT equipment - except for wheel loaders. Yep - Volvo. In the last 45 days they have brought out 4 brand new L90Es to go with the 5 or 6 loaders they already have running around this jobsite. So between the two of us we look like a Volvo testing ground. I don't know run anything near as big as a L330, but I have nothing but good things to say about the Volvo wheel loader.

jperfect

Occupation
operator digging mainline
i was run a l90 for a pipe crew last summer and that was junk. once you finaly got in the cab you had to leave the doors open because they wood not let you back out. i did try to fix the problem work for a day. could not lift a full buck of sand. you had to ram the pile to get a full bucket. im not im pressed, but maybe it was a lemon. i dont think so by talk to some other oprators here in michigan.

Gmads

Occupation
Ditchdigger
A little more clarification. I'm happy with the "E" series of the wheel loaders. We demo'd a L120D once about 5 or 6 years ago and ran it against a CAT 950F. That machine did seem underpowered compared to the CAT. But these newer series seem every bit as powerful as a CAT and every one of my loader operators prefered the Volvo over our CAT loaders or our Komatsu loaders.

coalburner

Hi,
I am sorry every time I reply it is when the machine is down but this is a grate place to vent! I just wanted to say thanks for all for the support and kind words you have given.

Yep now the vent part,,,,,,got the transmission fixed, it lasted the weekend before the hydraulic cooler cracked and blew fluid every where. They fixed the cooler, then ran another tank of fuel and got a warning alarm every time we shifted gears about the brake something failure if forget. but it is down again.
The "expert" showed me the down load off the computer and he said that we run the machine in a perfect environment and that it showed less than 1% sever duty. Let me tell you the computer tells every thing, alarms @hours, temps on every thing, fuel consumption, shifts, down shifts, average speed, lets just say they know every time the operator farts in the cab, but the "expert" said we are doing nothing wrong to the machine.
This machine is severely affecting our business and I formally asked for a complete report on every thing that has been done to our machine since it was new. We will be seeking a solution to this machine.
I will add that it is a great machine when it is running, very quiet and relaxing to operate. I just cannot afford to have a machine that will not run more than a tank of fuel.

alco

Please don't be sorry at all. I appreciate you keeping us informed on what is happening. Here's hoping they go ahead and give you a different machine to replace that one.

Just curious, would you be willing to take one of the new L350F loaders if they offered it to replace this one? I have no idea if they would even do that, but it was just a thought.

Brian

PSDF350

This must be driving you to:drinkup :drinkup :drinkup :drinkup Cant believe your calm manner on this. I would be though the roof. But all that would accomplish is noone wanting to resolve this. But I think maybe the only way to resolve this is for them to give you a new loader or your money back (not). Good luck!