• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

322L low power 3116 engine

BradyHill1

my 95 322L is dying down a little more than i think it should when you operate it. I'm thinking about turning the fuel up a little but was wondering if else has had a problem and maybe it's a screen somewhere about stopped up instead......

Lee-online

There can be alot of reason for this and not always on the engine side, but if it has alot of hour then i would guess the injectors and rack are worn. Some basic troubleshooting should be done, boost, fuel pressure, blow by etc. When i set them up I advance the timing .5mm, adjust the fuel setting to the high side of spec and can turn up the torque screw on the governor if needed.
By just turning up the fuel you are just masking the real problem.

BradyHill1

it's an older machine with a lot of hours on it, I did find in the parts book that there is a strainer in the governor and one that looks like it's under the toolbox, i will check those before i start doing anything major to it...i guess

Per Eriksson

Sure sounds like it needs a tune-up.
Does it smoke black when your'e working it and it drops in rpm's?

Blow all fuel lines, change the filter and clean the screen.
Then you could fit a clear hose on the return and check for air in the fuel.
Next is to check fuel pressure.