• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3204 pump timing in 926 cat...nige?

ben46a

94Z1377 machine sn, 45v49216 eng sn, 3204. I'm swapping pump and parts of of new long block and was wondering the procedure to either lock in the pump to swap or to set the timing upon installation. I have the flywheel pinned at tdc compression on #1. Any help would appreciated.

ben46a

I got it ciphered out, thanks fellas, just needed a timing pin. Went to the dealer and they lent me one for a few days. I was aware of the procedure for pinning the engine via the flywheel, but haven't dealt with a whole lot of pump timing on anything other than a Bosch A or P pump. It has the newer version of the two pumps, im not sure if that is new scroll or compact.

Bob/Ont

That's the New Scroll and pin times, the Old Scroll/Compact pump is fixture timed with the engine pinned on TDC#1.
Later Bob