• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

318d mind of its own

Mctech

new to this forum and I have a deere 318d my son bought for his landscape company. The problem is as you start the unit the steering controls move by themselves and stall the machine. If you hold the handles you can sometimes move forward and back but difficult to hold in position. My question is do I have a hydraulic problem or as a friend told my its a adjustment problem. If it's a adjustment problem what do I need to do...thanks for your time ted

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Mctech;)!

Since the steering controls move by themselves that answers the question on whether or not you have manual controls vs electronic controls.

Might be able to get away with an adjustment if the centering plate bushings/bearings are not all worn out. You will need to get the Operation and Test manual TM11398 for the procedure. It not a difficult adjustment, just to much to explain here.

Always a good idea to post the serial number when asking questions involving equipment.