• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

315CL fast travel intermittent

jimson

The fast travel on my 315 will shift to slow intermittently. The problem comes and goes. Seems to happen when the weather is damp and cool. Any ideas?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
There is a pressure switch on top of the valve that lets the computer know when travel pressure exceeds a certain value and should shift to a lower range. It can be checked from the monitor panel or with an ohm meter.

Last edited:

Cat311b

The fast travel on my 315 will shift to slow intermittently. The problem comes and goes. Seems to happen when the weather is damp and cool. Any ideas?

Subscribed! My 311's been doing the same thing! Seems to cure itself after been run for awhile.

Coastiebro

Occupation
Ex diesel mechanic now contractor
I have disconnected the switch so my machine is in low all the time for a number of reasons, working on steep slopes need to have control and torque, track wear on farm tracks which are only wide enough for quad bikes is normal ground. Never had a customer question speed of my machine. I do get positive feedback on production, which after running "orange" the yellow are nicer and faster. ... my opinion only.

jimson

Sounds electrical......possibly the travel speed solenoid?

I agree totally electrical, bad connection or solenoid. I am thinking it could even be the switch on the control panel. I don't know where to start. I was hoping to find someone who has run a problem like this down to give me some idea of where to start.