• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

315C engine shutoff timer not working

My 2006 Cat 315C has its engine shutdown timer acting up again. It will not shut the engine down. I've checked voltage and it nots getting the timed 24v shutdown signal to the solenoid. Can you reset it or does it have to be replaced. I ran a wire out thru the pump compartment to pull and kill it temporarily. Any help besides calling the dealer would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nige

Start with a Serial Number please. That will enable info to be accessed.
Experience with the sutdown timer has not been good. They either work or they don;t

Nige

The Part Number is 163-6703. No updates are shown.
All I can suggest is check the power supplies by backprobing into the connector at the timer. If they are correct then the timer has failed.

1. With the master disconnect switch closed (ON) you should have system voltage between 107-RD & 200-BK.
2. With the key switch ON you should have system voltage between both 308-YL & 200-BK plus 107-RD & 200-BK as per Step 1.

1715445569465.png

Attachments

• Panel Gp.pdf
    329.5 KB · Views: 0