• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vili

First of all, i'm from Finland but i hope i can find answers from here for our problem and i apologize for possible bad grammar :D
We have a Cat 312B (couldn't find the model year) that one morning decided not to start, diesel injection pump isn't getting power but when we put 24v straight from the battery it runs. Oil pressure light turns off while starting and coolant overheat light isn't on. I couldn't find an electrical schematic for the engine, does anyone know where the power to the pump comes from? Straight from the ecu or throught a relay? Thank you in advance for your replies.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Post the Serial Number.
You should find the plate on the front side of the upper frame in between the hydraulic cylinders for the boom. If it’s not there it will be on the RH side of the cab towards the front.

A Serial Number gets you the correct schematic for your machine.