• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

311 vs 312 vs ex120

DGODGR

UGhh, well it doesnt much matter now. They got a deposit on the machine already. Yeah, i get to continue searching:Banghead

Have you ever tried an equipment broker? You simply tell them what you are looking for and what you are willing to pay. They do all the leg work, and get back to you with, hopefully, several machines to choose from.

D&GExcavating

I would definitely recommend the 312 over any other brand any day. Our underground crew uses a 312C and it has no problem lifting catch basins and everything else. They also have a John Deere 230C but they use the 312C about 75% of the time. Its a very good machine and it's very universal especially with the quick-tach. We traded our 312B for this 312C. When we got rid of it, it had about 15,000 hours on it, and we were having no issues with it what so ever.

sultan

I would definitely recommend the 312 over any other brand any day. Our underground crew uses a 312C and it has no problem lifting catch basins and everything else. They also have a John Deere 230C but they use the 312C about 75% of the time. Its a very good machine and it's very universal especially with the quick-tach. We traded our 312B for this 312C. When we got rid of it, it had about 15,000 hours on it, and we were having no issues with it what so ever.

Yeah, 312s especially the 312Cs are great machines. I ran a 312C recently and found it to be the fastest, smoothest, and most powerful machine I've ever run in its size class. Competitive machines like John Deere 120s are good, but the 312s are better due to their excellent lift capacity, balance, and power.

masterwelder

I have to agree on the lifting power- our 312bl was able to lift a 8900# amonia compressor the other day, I was impressed. 6000 hrs and still feels good...

Deereman

KTm, I would recommend a 490E or a 120. More so a later model 490E. If all else fails a EX or ZX120. Try to stay away from any grey market machine. You might get a good deal up front but will cost you down the road. When looking for an excavator I always look for one with a thumb already installed.That way you can get right to work. If you do find one that catches your eyes check the welds on the thumb and the rest of the arm and boom. If you see a crack on the stick or thumb just be sure to get that resolved before you leave with it. I've put a good many hours on a 490E and operated most others besides a new volvo and still like the 490E and ZX120.