1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

310k regen issues

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Txhayseed, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Well-Known Member

Hello all. I have a 310k with 2300 hrs. The machine will only regen to about 38% during a parked regen. The machine will kick itself out of regen saying unable to maintain high enough temperature. The engine temp itself its in the normal operating range of where it hovers during normal use before the parked regen was started. The soot level was at level 6 before we tried to perform a parked regen. The dpf was removed and cleaned thinking that it was clogged and preventing a proper regen cycle. The code for soot level to high has cleared but still left with the temperature issue. Possibly a bad egr valve preventing the needed temperature increase needed ? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. TDI guy

TDI guy Member

To me it sounds like it might be time to think about deleting it.

3. hosspuller

hosspuller Senior Member

Does the DPF sensor get a correct temp ? Seems like something to check before chasing wild guesses. Then follow cause & effect. This is the new normal with modern emission engines. Garbage into the computer means garbage out of the computer.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

4. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF hayseed;)! A Deere machine? Serial number and all active and stored codes would be a good start.

5. partsandservice

partsandservice Senior Member

I only have experience with the 6068. Check for air throttle position vs command. This valve not closing will not allow engine to reach necessary temp to complete Regen.

6. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Well-Known Member

I forgot to get back with an update. The EGR valve was replaced along with egr cooler. Unit is back in working order now.. Was told the egr cooler was clogged up internally.

mg2361 likes this.
  7. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    If you do a lot of idling, that will cause that. On the Deere backhoes you need to work the snot out of them or shut them off. There is no middle ground or you will be doing the EGR circuit again.