• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310k ep

Keith Moore

I have a 2012 John Deere 310k ep that when it’s first cranked after setting overnight it doesn’t want to move. Once it does it works fine for the rest of the day even after killing it and letting it set for a couple hours. I can park it on a hill and let it roll on initial start up and it works fine. Any help with this would be appreciated.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Keith;)!

Serial number?

Transmission Oil level good? What brand/type of oil in the transmission?

Last edited:

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
it doesn’t want to move

Forward or Reverse?

When it does work does it have plenty of pushing power or does it feel like it is slipping?

Do you have gauges and know how to use them?

Do you still have the old transmission filter? If so cut it open (see below). (1) I am looking to see if any debris is in the filter, and (2) I want to know if the bypass inside the filter came apart. Post a picture of the filter.

When you drained the transmission fluid did you look into the drain hole at the pickup tube to see if any debris stuck to it?

Keith Moore

Sorry MG it’s taking so long to get back with you. I haven’t had a chance to work on it lately. My youngest son was in a oilfield explosion and been in hospital but soon as I can I’ll get back with you on it. I do appreciate the help