• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310E bucket

Mike Nichols

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and came with a specific question. I recently bought a JD310E with extendahoe and 4N1 bucket. My question is, Is there a way to "float" the bucket? So the bucket follows the contour of the ground without me using controls? I want to use the bucket as a "dozer" blade on my road to clear snow. I did a search but had no luck. Thanks.

Canadian_digger

Float will probably only work in reverse. When going forward if there is any resistance while pushing it will probably lift the front tires off the ground.

Like the others have said. Push the loader control all the way forward.

Delmer

Yes, it will lift the front wheels. Depends on the angle of your bucket. If you catch good clear hard ground with the tires, and the bucket edge digs in, you can open your bucket right up too. make it a three yard bucket real quick:D