• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

307 C Cat

Tags

.... I can't believe how few of this size there are.

I think what you are going to find is that the state of our wonderful economy has made it more reasonable to own a smaller machine, since the majority of the jobs available to smaller contractors has shrunk in size. From what I've seen, here in the Northeast anyway, is that class machine is one that is in the most demand now ,making used ones hold their value and new ones priced high. Just curious, don't you think you'll miss the "0"swing of the Kobelco? I had one years ago and sometimes wish I still had it. Good luck with your search and be patient....

nedly05

I definetly haven't ruled out the zts machines, I'd like to go deere or cat.
I've never durn a 308 but the 75 I ran didn't impress me, I didn't run it very long though.

nedly05

Anyone have any experience with a komatsu pc78us? I've found one that's spec'd exactly how I want, have to call on it tomorrow.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
A good friend of mine has a 78, I think it's an 06 model. It's a very good machine, strong and dependable. He mostly uses it to feed his topsoil screener and small excavation jobs. I have ran it a few hours and I like it.

Landclearer

You might look into a Kubota KX-080. We have one. Nice machine, good power. It has a hyd thumb, coupler, 36 inch bucket as well as a 48 inch tilt bucket. We have had no problems at all with it and the price was great.

Chris

NWH

I own a komatsu pc78us-6 2008 model and have been very happy with it. I have close friend who has a 2006 307c and it has been a good machine also. I like the cab better on the cat but I think my pc78
may be a little stronger and quicker , He has the short stick and I have the long stick which should give him a little more power ,but i think my 78 is still a little stronger . I got rid of a 30,000 lb. machine to
go back to the 78 size machine. I also have a good friend who bought a 78 after he ran mine. This size machine is hard to find and the price tends to be pretty high.

nedly05

I own a komatsu pc78us-6 2008 model and have been very happy with it. I have close friend who has a 2006 307c and it has been a good machine also. I like the cab better on the cat but I think my pc78
may be a little stronger and quicker , He has the short stick and I have the long stick which should give him a little more power ,but i think my 78 is still a little stronger . I got rid of a 30,000 lb. machine to
go back to the 78 size machine. I also have a good friend who bought a 78 after he ran mine. This size machine is hard to find and the price tends to be pretty high.

Great info here NWH! What type of work are you doing mostly? Do you feel it was
A good move to downsize? What are you running for trucks? I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep the tandem, or go back to just a single axle.

nedly05

Great info here NWH! What type of work are you doing mostly? Do you feel it was
A good move to downsize? What are you running for trucks? I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep the tandem, or go back to just a single axle.

NWH

I do not have a dump truck as I do not have access to dirt pit where I live. There is only one good pit in our area and I have a good working relationship with the owner. We do farm irrigation,driveways,lot clearing
concrete removal, stump digging,pond construction and pretty much anything dirt related. We usually haul our machines with f550 or equiv truck in order to keep cost down and be competitive with the other
contractors in our area.almost every farmer in our area has a 40,000 lb machine and run them to cheap to be profitable for me to own one. If I have a bigger job my friends work with me and if need be a larger
machine is easy to rent. It is different working for yourself than working someone else as far as what equipment you use. I have 5 pieces of equipment and each of my friends have 3 or 4.

nedly05

So do you work alone mostly? I'm in the same boat, I have buddies with iron also and we team up on certain jobs.