• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3 allis's

FarmerDave

Though ya'll might like to see our allis's. The 2wd with a cab is a 1977 7060 bought new by my grandpa, the little one is a 1939 B that me and my grandpa restored. The 4wd is a 1977 7580 my grandpa bought in 1991 or 1992.

Attachments

• P1010239.JPG
    P1010239.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 650

Jeff D.

FarmerDave said:
.....the little one is a 1939 B that me and my grandpa restored........
Cool! I almost bought a lil' B Allis like that. I wanted to put a belly mower on it, thought it would be just the perfect size.

The particular one I looked at had some anti freeze in the oil though, and I decided to pass on it, but a guy I knew decide he wanted it.

He fixed it all up and gave it a new AC orange paint job, said it (the anti freeze) was just a rusted out plug in the head and was a relatively cheap fix. He just loves that little tractor.:mad::eek:

Seemed like he painted it a brighter orange than the tractors in your pic though? Maybe its just the pics??:beatsme

Any more Allis pics? :drinkup

Jeff D.

These other B pics look like the same bright orange I was thinking. I wonder what the B was originally marketed for? Is it maybe considered an orchard tractor?

That one there sure looks nice!!

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
Originally the B would have been a culivator tractor. When I was on the farm as a kid we had a C which was just a narrow front end B. Dad's fields were kinda hilly and the tractor didn't have enough power or the right gearing for hay raking so we kept the Farmall M on the rake. But the C was handy for light work like fixing fense and stuff. I do remember that it had a one bottow plow that mounted on the rear for like plowing gardens and stuff. We never used it, just kinda came with it.

d6peg

Occupation
owner, operator
Sad to say that the B model is probably worth as much as the '77 models put together. Nice clean tractors.

FarmerDave

Ohh, it ain't quite worth that much, both the big ones are in real good shape, except the 7580 has a whole bunch of annoying but harmless things go wrong. In 31 hours, the starter push switch went, the clutch safety switch had a bad connection was bad and the connection on the PTO safety switch was bad. Couldn't figure that one out until I found out it had a PTO safety switch. The heater valve leaks internally and the A-C quit. There's a lot of other things too Harmless but annoying as heck. The 7060 has been real good tractor and rarely does something go wrong.

Last edited: