• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

299d xhp motor speed sensor

sillyabbott527

Looking to see if somebody can show me a picture of where I would find the motor speed sensor on my 2015 299d xhp . Alarm keeps coming up saying...** 2687-8** Right Drive motor speed sensor #1.. also saying **E695-3** Unexpected Motor Speed Detection Disabled

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It screws into the back of the travel motor - #1 in the illustration below. The square box inside the circle is the wiring harness connector for it.
If you post a Serial Number I can upload a troubleshooting procedure for the speed sensor fault, also an Electrical Schematic which you might find useful. There are two different procedures based on S/No - need to know which one applies.

upload_2020-9-12_12-18-9.png

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
I'm just curious, is your machine still running/working? Mine throws a left wheel speed sensor every few months, but continues to work. I bought one and have it on hand just incase it stops suddenly.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I'm just curious, is your machine still running/working? Mine throws a left wheel speed sensor every few months, but continues to work. I bought one and have it on hand just incase it stops suddenly.
It might pay you to pull the sensor out and give the business end of it a good clean. While you're at it try giving the wiring harness connectors (sensor & machine) a good dose of contact cleaner.

Makers Acres

Occupation
Imagineer
It might pay you to pull the sensor out and give the business end of it a good clean. While you're at it try giving the wiring harness connectors (sensor & machine) a good dose of contact cleaner.

Thank you. I really have been avoiding this since it does not look like a fun job. I'm not even sure if I can get it out without pulling the track off?

The connector under the cab was sitting in mud from the previous owner, which they should be sealed, but you never know.

One thing that makes me think that it is sensor related, is when I am at high speed. It tends to pull to one side, but only when I am is the traveling mode (2nd speed?). Not sure what you call it. If I am at full speed in the lower speed mode, I don't tend to have an issue.

Jonas302

They are constantly throwing sensor codes and getting replacements I have seen damaged wiring also that was obvious after a washing and inspection