• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

299D No regen

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
I wish I would have fixed it when it went to Level One. Maybe it would have regenerated. When it goes to Level 2 your done. Level 3 derates the engine.
Level 2 you are good if you can fix it quick enough. Level three is service tool required... I shoulda picked up on that one. At least you saved some money fixing the fault yourself.

1698711750037.png

Angry Mike

2013 CAT0299DLGTC00836

It started giving me the E1239-2 code (DPF #1 Conditions not met for Active regeneration). I parked it, put the parking brake on, made sure hydraulics were locked out and low idle. Left it for 20 minutes and came back.

Now I am getting E1239-3.

My question is what conditions need to be met for active regeneration?
Most all cats will require the parking brake to be set, no accelerator input, engine coolant temp above 140 degrees, and SCR temp above 600 degrees