• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

289c2 engine temp

Catguy17

Dose anyone know what the correct temp is for a 2013 289c2? When running the machine the needle will go 1 or 2 ticks past middle “see pic” machine runs perfect coolent overflow bottle is not overflowing machine has new cat thermostat as well as new head gasket from cat machine never throws a overheat warning just don’t know if this is normal or should it be in the center I believe my temps are around 188F when I check with the computer IMG_7506.jpeg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Have you: -

1. Checked the display memory to see what Events are stored in it, especially anything related to overheating.?
2. Shot temps with a heat gun to give you an idea over what range the gauge is showing.?
3. Pulled the cooling package apart and given it a good clean.? Tilting it will not give you sufficient access. It has to be disassembled, at least partially, in order to clean it properly.

If you want a parts breakdown of the cooling package it will need a Serial Number

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Nige has the proper diagnostic procedure there and you should do that, especially the temp gun part, but for whatever it's worth my 262C runs in the same spot on the gauge. I think the engines are the same.

Again, just an anecdote . . .

Catguy17

I will definitely do all this dose anyone know what the operation range is I pluged the machine in and I’m getting 188f on the computer

Catguy17

I have a diesel tech laptop that I can plug into the cat and read live data it was showing 188f after operating the machine for a while

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
No I did not how would I do that ?
All you had to do was ask.............

1. With the key ON, press and hold the left (3) and right (5) buttons simultaneously and keep them pressed for 3 seconds, then release. You are now in Diagnostic Mode 1.
2. To scroll forward one mode, press and release the right (5) button.
3. Scroll to Mode 5. This will show you the coolant temperature reading.
4. There are actually 4 sub-modes of Mode 5, with the coolant temp being the first. To scroll between each of the sub-modes press and release the centre button once to move forward one sub-mode. the sub-modes are coolant temp, hydraulic temp, left motor spd/dir, & right motor spd/dir.
5. To get back to Mode 0 (Normal Operating Mode) press and hold the left (3) and right (5) buttons for three seconds and release.

Catguy17

All you had to do was ask.............

1. With the key ON, press and hold the left (3) and right (5) buttons simultaneously and keep them pressed for 3 seconds, then release. You are now in Diagnostic Mode 1.
2. To scroll forward one mode, press and release the right (5) button.
3. Scroll to Mode 5. This will show you the coolant temperature reading.
4. There are actually 4 sub-modes of Mode 5, with the coolant temp being the first. To scroll between each of the sub-modes press and release the centre button once to move forward one sub-mode. the sub-modes are coolant temp, hydraulic temp, left motor spd/dir, & right motor spd/dir.
5. To get back to Mode 0 (Normal Operating Mode) press and hold the left (3) and right (5) buttons for three seconds and release.
Thank you