• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

262 Cat Engine Picture Needed

dieseldog5.9

Looking for some help, bought a 262 Cat with engine already pulled. Finishing the new engine install, and have two brackets that I think hold up the air cleaner, but haven't got configuration figured out yet, and there is apparently a mount for the right side coolant hose coming off the thermostat housing also need help with.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jason Strapponi

This is all that I could find, I can see at least one of the brackets. Hopefully this helps a little. Note that these are the same pictures but different views. Good luck!
upload_2019-5-13_15-45-5.png

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well SIS is not being a big help but here is what I see for the air filter:
262 air filter.jpg

Also attached the "AS BUILT" info from SIS

Attachments

• CED00832.pdf
    131.5 KB · Views: 4

dieseldog5.9

That is a help, not where I thought the black bracket went, so good to get that figured out, still working on air filter mounting, my machine is a turbo version so different arrangement from the picture

kshansen

Occupation
That is a help, not where I thought the black bracket went, so good to get that figured out, still working on air filter mounting, my machine is a turbo version so different arrangement from the picture
Sorry about that! not sure this will be of more help but in the attached pages starting near the bottom of the first page should be the info for the 262.

Attachments

• 262 Air Filter.pdf
    196.5 KB · Views: 8

kshansen

Occupation
Almost there, one last question, where does the battery ground attach?
From the wiring diagram it looks like it may me attached to one of the bolts that hold the starter on. See picture below:
battery ground.png

Also there is a ground strap, looks like one of those flat braided type that goes from flywheel housing to frame:
ground strap.png

Did a little more digging and found picture of the ground wire from battery to starter bolt:
Right there at bolt #8!

starter ground bolt.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Once this is back to work any chance I can borrow it for a few days?:D
Have some work I could use it for around the yard!

dieseldog5.9

Sure last trip I took to Ithaca area was 7hrs.

One last piece, the previous owner pulled the engine out, when they did they must have had difficulty with the alternator connector as they ripped the wires out of the connector and the connector was still in the alternator.

I got the connector out but don't know which wire goes into which port of the connector, there are 3 wires, two look to be the same color.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It appears that two wires are yellow, C444 and 308. Try looking for the numbers, they should be marked on the outside of the insulation on each wire. Otherwise 308 should have battery voltage on it when the key is in the ON position. You may be able to identify it that way if there are no visible numbers.
If you find that the connector for the alternator is damaged the Part Number is right there on the schematic - 1073134. $21 from Cat according to my Price List.

upload_2019-6-9_6-36-49.png