• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

24v power supply

kurt ackerman

Occupation
little bit of this and some of that
Just bought a upright tl 38 lift. The batteries are toast. Instead of purchasing batteries could i possibly power with a 24v power supply. Simply plug in?

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
You'd need a good sized power supply to start and run the motor on the hydraulic power unit. Probably better off just getting new batteries and taking care of them.

Need to be careful about modifying aerial equipment too for liability too.

Midnightmoon

How many batteries in it? Around here battery world has reman batteries for $50. You have to match power supply to replace batteries might cost more then new batteries

southernman13

Occupation
Retired
Yeah no way around it. Even if u could it would be way more than the cost of a set of batteries. When u modify aerial equipment u become the manufacturer. U don’t want that. Could get very costly and dangerous

Midnightmoon

On another note a very small electric excavator runs on 240volts with a very large extension cord. If you do run it with a power supply you wont be plugging it into a 110 outlet. You would need a 220 50amp service. The extension cord alone will cost you 300

kurt ackerman

Occupation
little bit of this and some of that
thanks for all the replys. i have used 2 12 volt batteries to try and figure out what my problem is.
thanks for all the replys as well