• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

246c

BLconst

Got a new to me 246c. I belive has e/h controls as opposed to the pilot controls im used to. I have to say im not impressed at all. I was working with some sticky dirt loading into truck, the machine is so unresponsive that it wouldn't even "shake" bucket. Only thing i can think is that it is stuck in self leveling mode, which may affect the tilt responsiveness. It also wont accelerate fast enough to scoop up that last little bit of dirt or rubble. its not a 2 speed, but does have amics, i tried adjusting bucket speed, but it only changes the lift and not the tilt. if this is how e/h is than im gonna have to learn to use my feet and switch to BC or but older cat with piolt. I had a 226b, 262b and 287b which were all very responsive.

barklee

Yep. I got both models and the b is way more responsive. If you search on here there is a thread about this. They say you can take it to cat and they can reprogram or add something to correct this. It doesn't bother me so I never did it

CatManRuss

You tried adjusting bucket speed how? Through the Com Port..??

Yea, take it to a dealer and we can reprogram your responsiveness to both hyd controls and pwr train controls.