• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

21Z 963 track motor removal

Dave Neubert

Any one out there ever have a track motor that wont come out. Its out of the piolet but stuck in the splines I pried on it for hours today to no avail

lantraxco

Can't speak to the 963, but yes, motors and pumps with splined shafts... I suspect the ID of the spline the motor shaft goes into has stripped back in there but the motor shaft splines are far enough into the female that there is a small bit of very messed up female spline remaining at the outer edge preventing withdrawal. Pry bars, wedges, while rotating the motor shaft if possible, or bumping the track/final on that side to make the gears rotate a bit. Have to line up the splines from the wrong end, and they're probably well smeared over from when it stripped out. Just my guess, YMMV

Dave Neubert

that is what I'm thinking the motor shaft is female spline [ can I get away with saying that now days] that side quit pulling my thought was the drive shaft broke in the motor. going back Tues to try some more. I'm afraid I may have to try to dissemble the motor in place taking apart the final drive wont get me there either as the motor shaft splines into the brake housing and you can't get to the brake housing without having the final off. Going to try suspending the motor with a come a long and rocking it but if shaft is broken I don't think the shaft will rock inside the splines. Can't cut the shaft because the motor will only come out to the edge of the piolet

lantraxco

Current politically correct terminology, henceforth the following changes will apply:
Female=Goezonta
Male=Goezinta
Coupling=poly-amorous connector
Tee=three way, usually FFF
Run tee=MFF
Branch tee=FFM

Quick disconnect=My Ex.

I'm still voting for stripped over twisted, but then I've dated strippers that twisted, so could go either way. They did.