• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2015 Cat 299D No Rail Pressure

Ironwood777

i have a cat 299d xhp that lost the engine due to a runaway that was caused by a injector leaking fuel into the crank case. i replaced the engine with a 200hr take out engine. i removed all the sensors and replaced them along with 4 new injectors, fuel rail, and injection pump {re-man},and lift pump. when cranking it only makes [138psi] we have done the following test

deadhead test with lift pump
suction control valve unplug
tested all signals from sensors related to the fuel system
E.T. crank and data log

i have replaced the HPCR pump 3 times with reman pumps and it still reads the same amount of pressure on e.t
i have 3 fuel rails and have checked all 3 it replicates the pressures with in 2-3 psi difference
i have checked all returns im getting zero return from the injector returns, zero from the rail pressure relief
i have replaced the over pressure valve that is between the fuel filter and HPCR pump
i have replaced the wiring harness
tested both ECM
the tank has been removed and cleaned while the engine was removed
all fuel lines are clear and the lift pump is clicking and pumping

everything on ET meets what is desired except the fuel rail pressure....

im at a loss i cant figure this out to save my life im taking the pumps and injectors to get tested tomorrow
could there be a proprietary configuration to the cat pumps over the re-man pumps

any help would be greatly appreciated

Ironwood777

Start with the Serial Number of the machine and the takeout engine that you installed in it please.

Are you using the original engine ECM that corresponds to the machine.?
i have tried both ecm's. also cat has flashed to match the new engine and machine so it should be correct

im out of town rn but when i get back sunday ill get the serial numbers