• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2014 CAT Dozer D6NXL Screen quit working

Anthony93

So the screen just suddenly went out. I tested a few things and everything has power. Would the screen going out cause the dozer to not even crank over? I’m thinking just change out the screen. Wouldn’t it still start even if the screen was out?

Anthony93

It’s just the led screen. The gauges are fine it seems. It won’t make a sound when I turn the key though

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
It’s just the led screen. The gauges are fine it seems. It won’t make a sound when I turn the key though
The monitor should have a permanent Batt+ power supply on Pin 1 of the 12-pin connector and Batt+ on Pin 3 when the key is ON. If you have that then the monitor has falied and needs replacing. It's only available a single unit, not just the screen.

371-8255 appears to be the Part Number for your Serial Number but it updates to 391-7037. The updated P/N was fitted from factory on machines from PER00629-Up.

Anthony93

I will take a look at that then. Im guessing ill need to pull the monitor in or to test the connector

Anthony93

Those numbers dont cross with what i have come up. maybe im looking at the wrong thing? PER00544 is the serial number for my machine

Nige

Those numbers dont cross with what i have come up. maybe im looking at the wrong thing? PER00544 is the serial number for my machine
What number are you coming up with.?

Your S/N should be fitted with a 371-8255. Not long after yours was built (PER00629) the factory started using the updated 391-7037. Either number will fit you tractor.

Anthony93

Ok so now when I turn the key on all the lights come on sometimes and makes a solid beeping sound. No gauges are coming on or the hour site glass.

Nige

Ok so now when I turn the key on all the lights come on sometimes and makes a solid beeping sound. No gauges are coming on or the hour site glass.
Go back to Post #4. If the module has the required key OFF/key ON power you can pretty much confirm it's farked......

Make sure you're sitting down when you ask the price of a new one.

What does the battery voltage look like.?

Last edited:

Anthony93

I’ll test it when I get back but as of now it still runs just fine but you have no guages or screen

Nige

but as of now it still runs just fine but you have no guages or screen
And if the tractor is planning on going bang at any point in time the operator will have no warning. That could potentially be more expensive than fixing the display. Just thinking out loud.....

A Reman P/N is available if you go OEM - 20R4719.
A new display is apparently unprogrammed. It will require to be flashed with the appropriate software 506-6955 before it will work.

NOTE: The same P/N of display is also used on articulated trucks and the software for that usage is different. So a diplay from an ADT will NOT work unless it is re-flashed.

JD955SC

Doesn’t sound like your issue but I want to note for future searchers that power relays can get screwy on these. Danced with one that threw us for a hell of a diagnostic trip. Not powering display, level three alarm in cab screaming it’s heart out, bunch of codes, etc.

$25 relay was the cause of it all. Relay would initially latch then rapidly increase in resistance on the larger switched side (not the coil side). Resistance climbed, voltage dropped.