• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 Jcb 3cx erratic tach and battery light buzzer staying on

Jcboffset214

Hello, I have a 2012 Jcb 3cx last of serial 2011738. I replaced my alt awhile ago when battery light was on and buzzing. I noticed the two small wires were rubbing and arcing off alt to each other, which I did fix. Ever since then, my tach has been erratic and battery light and buzzer will sometimes stay on for hours before turning off. Battery buzzer and light seem to turn off in the morning after startup, but stays on later in the day when machine turned off then back on. Tach is always erratic. Any idea what can be causing this issue?

Jcboffset214

Yes. Alt dosent seem to be charging while battery light and buzzer are on, but tach is either not working at all or bouncing. Alt does seem to be charging intermittently

woodfirst

A very similar thing happened to me. Remove and clean your solenoids particularly Buzzer solenoid. They are all mostly the same. Change them around and see if the symptoms change. I believe mine was a bad alarm solenoid