• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 case sr200 --- a/c controls inop

rayshaker

DEAR FORUM:

I have a 2012 Case SR200 that has an issue with the a/c system..... would like to know if anyone one can help with this issue....I have no software to read diagnostics nor any manuals....no elec. diagrams either....my issue is there is no power for the a/c switch....no power on the blower switch...no power to the heat & a/c temp switch.
checked the 2 fuses that fuse panel showed and the fuses are good also checked power on back side of fuse panel on the wires them self...all checked out good ....finding no issues with the wiring either......in need of help.

rayshaker

2012 sr200.....a/c inop

I have checked all the connectors and have found no issues with any......no fuse issues either....every piece of equipment works fine....a/c on & off inop....Blower inop....also temp control inop...Thank you for your reply....need repair help...question?....does the a/c run off of a module on this equipment!

bartelbe

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Technician
Ok, theres 2 relys located under the hvac cabin filter behind the op seat, i have seen these fail 1 is for the condenser fan the other is for the compressor clutch you can check voltages here to insure that power is getting the the hvac control box which is located inside the hvac housing, I have not seen any of these control boxs fail but anything could be possible. I would start by looking at the connector located left side behind the felt cover, you can tell which is the hvac connector by following the harness that enters the hvac housing , make sure you check the pins themselves last one that had almost identical issues your experiencing the power supply through the connector had melted the connect causing poor connection. When using a volt meter i would see system voltage but once a load was demanded voltage would drop to 1-2 volts since the bad connection at this connector couldnt carry the current.

rayshaker

2012 sr200 a/c issue

Thanks for the info bartelbe....
Did find relay behind seat....on this unit there is only one relay.
Relay---pin#30 is power in
pin#85 is ground
pin #86 operates controller...blower..heat temp...cold/hot
pin#87 operates condenser fan..
There is system voltage on pin#30...there is good ground on pin#85
Plug relay in and there is no power or ground transfer over to pin#86 nor pin#87 on the relay....
Can jump power to pin#86 and everything works great
Can jump power over to pin# 87 and condenser fan works fine.
Don't under stand why I can run all units with a jumper on the relay harness but plug in relay and nothing but power and ground stays there.
If I understand right if you add power and ground doesn't that turn relay on to power pin#86 & pin#87..
Confused...
HELP !!!!!
Or does anyone have a electrical diagram of a/c system that they give me....

bartelbe

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Technician
I think your looking at the wrong relays i am referencing, Behind your head there a louvered plastic cover with 2 knobs on each side that allows this louvered plastic covered to be removed to access the hvac filter, once you remove the filter which is done by' also turning 2 stupid plastic retainers' on the left side you should see 2 small relays 1 is red the other is black. I am almost certain by your issues that one of them is the cause the schematics i have dont show which is red and which is black but for certain if 1 of them has failed you would lose all hvac functions. From past experiences i for some reason the red relay is the culprit.

rayshaker

I was at wrong relay....Did find two red ones under filter...swapped out relays with know good one....bottom relay turned on blower...going to go head and replace both relays and go from there.

rayshaker

Dear Bartelbe :

Would like to thank you for your advise and tech. services....The info. that you provided was on point and was a very big help...unit has been repaired and returned back to customer..
The two relays where down inside compartment by blower motor....both relays were red....the bottom relay was the issue.

Thank you again from Augusta, Ga.
Gene,