• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2011 john deere 200D LC one way aux hydraulics not working

Hello,

I Have a 200D and when I put my hammer on it and switch to breaker mode in the cab I'm getting a jumping return line on the hammer. The company I bought the hammer from saying its a restriction and that the machine aux hydraulics is still in two way. I'm pretty sure it switches from two way to one way in the computer when you switch to breaker but not sure of there is a Manuel way to switch to one way. Any help would be great thanks.

Diesel Dave

Welcome to HEF OC.
Do you know if it is a Deere aux plumbing kit or an aftermarket kit such as HKX or NPK ?
Have you ever had that hammer or another perform properly on the machine ?
In breaker mode with the 2 shut off valves at the end of the stick closed , do you see each auxiliary hose between the boom and stick load up and then release when you cycle the control switches in each direction ?

Last edited:

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
If its a factory setup with the hydraulically actuated diverter valve then my money is on the spool inside being seized up. Pretty common issue if the machine never gets switched out of 2 way mode. Pretty easy field fix, just need to take out the spool and clean it up with some fine emery cloth to get the rust and crap off it.

Yes it is factory Deere aux plumbing not an aftermarket kit. I haven't done it with the hammer off but when the hammer is on if I hit the other aux button on the joystick it looks like it tries to load the return line on the hammer. I had another hammer on it last year ( same manufacture) but I cant remember if I was getting the jumping return line or not. I have heard of the spool valve sticking just not sure exactly where it is on the machine.

hitmix300

i am glad to see i'm not the only one with a 200d.

i just bought a 2011 excavator and the machine is setup for a hammer. the continuous flow works fine but i want to know how to use directional flow to control a thumb?

the right joy stick has buttons for it. and when you press them i HEAR a relay click behind the seat. how do i find out if this machine is setup with a 3 way valve or fwd/rev aux flow?

the hoses don't move on the arm when you press the buttons on the joystick, but if you push the hammer pedal on the floor one does.

is there a setting on the screen i need to select to enable this? there is a factory aux disable button under my left arm but i have that enabled.

Diesel Dave

Looking at the machine picture on one of your previous posts ,from a distance it looks like factory plumbing installed. Though someone must have customized the kit to install a foot switch to operate the hammer.
The operators manual gives a good description of how to use the monitor functions. You should be able to select a 2 way attachment like a thumb / grapple / shear. Hope that works out for you.
Link to the Deere bookstore below. There is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual .

hitmix300

Looking at the machine picture on one of your previous posts ,from a distance it looks like factory plumbing installed. Though someone must have customized the kit to install a foot switch to operate the hammer.
The operators manual gives a good description of how to use the monitor functions. You should be able to select a 2 way attachment like a thumb / grapple / shear. Hope that works out for you.
Link to the Deere bookstore below. There is an option to download a free copy of the Operators manual .
Thanks, we read the book last night but none of the tool selections allow you to change the flow direction category. The book only briefly discusses hammer 1 and 2 and adjusting flow rates. That's it.

Diesel Dave

Thanks, we read the book last night but none of the tool selections allow you to change the flow direction category. The book only briefly discusses hammer 1 and 2 and adjusting flow rates. That's it.

Interesting…
Are you able to locate the auxiliary control solenoid valve and take a picture of it ?
With key on only ,get someone in the cab to operate the hammer foot switch and you listen for solenoid clicking sounds outside.

Diesel Dave

On your machine monitor , do you not have Breaker 3 (which is actually a 2 way attachment) like in screenshot below ?.
1699044388070.png

Last edited:

hitmix300

i purchased the service manual for the machine today and it has been very helpful. so the two buttons on the right joystick goto their respective relays behind the seat. K30 & K31. these relays pass power through to two small looms underneath the air cleaner. once the sun comes out tomorrow morning I will go out and see if the connectors go anywhere.

thanks Dave, i did get a chance with a helper to do the audible click test. the hammer pedal on the floor was the only button that made any clicking near the valves.

x534 goes to v30 / v31 underneath that air cleaner..

yes we tried breaker 3 which was called pulverizer or something and it should have a double acting cylinder, it didn't do anything.

Capture.png

Diesel Dave

I want to say you are likely going to piece something together, It would be good to know who suppled the control kit you have.
I wouldn’t guarantee that is a Deere control kit. I don’t recognize the circled manifold block with sensor and pressure switch in this application.
Is there anything legible at all on the white sticker beside the solenoid valve ?
1699108722608.jpeg

hitmix300

I want to say you are likely going to piece something together, It would be good to know who suppled the control kit you have.
I wouldn’t guarantee that is a Deere control kit. I don’t recognize the circled manifold block with sensor and pressure switch in this application.
Is there anything legible at all on the white sticker beside the solenoid valve ?
View attachment 297906
Unfortunately nothing is legible. I think I will come up with my own setup and mount it right at the pads on the boom and tap on where the orfs plugs are. I am trying to avoid plumbing two additional hoses to this. I haven't pressurized the lines on the boom yet to make sure they're closed on the supply side of things. I have a feeling one of the two lines will be open though, what are your thoughts? Does this sound like a fair play?

Attachments

• Snapchat-933391332.jpg
    Snapchat-933391332.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4