• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2009 Whitlog log trailer, hub to hub difference in measurement

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
2009 Whit log log trailer measurements on the driver side Hub to HUB is 1 inch shorter than the Hub to HUB measurement on the passenger side. This is a standard 2 axle trailer. I noticed the leaf spring on the driver side has been replaced and was curious if there are different length leaf springs for these?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
I will try and get a photo of it today, driver has it out hauling.
I measured from the rear of the trunion to the fore edge of the spring clamp plate (at trailer mounting end of spring) and there is 3/4" difference between L&R sides with drivers (new spring side) being shorter.

Wytruckwrench

I have run into,that. There’s different length springs. Also if it has the enclosed spring ends, with rubber bushings, I remember something being wrong in there.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Distance from rear of trunion pad to front of spring clamp is 3/4" shorter than the factory spring.20180507_081708.jpg

Wytruckwrench

I have been there. I believe the replacement spring is longer, if I remember correctly. Pull the end caps off and check that they are in correctly first. I’m trying to remember what was different. It’s been a few years.

Truck Shop

Is the distance from trunion to front spring clamp on both axles the same?

Truck Shop