• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2009 Cat 279c self level feature

Cmonty

My Cat 279c self level option is blowing the fuse as soon as I try to turn it off. I cant find any obvious shorts. Does anyone have suggestions for trouble shooting?

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
S/N?

Does your machine have the position sensor at the work tool quick attach? If so, I usually find the hose conduit the harness sits in breaks and damages the harness. Located between the loader arms and the Q/A. I've also seen the harness get damaged at the rear of the machine, where the loader arms pin to the machine.

Cmonty

S/N JMBT00908. It doesn't look like the sensors are located at the tool quick attach. The machine came with the auto quick attach but it was removed by previous owner. I traced the wires running down the loader arms but everything seems to be in good shap . No issues at the pins either. I'm going to raise the cab and trace the wires further but it's raining now so I wont be able to do it until one evening this week.