• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2008 CAT 262C Alarms in Reverse/parking brake on

Kevin Finley

Interesting. I chatted with the field service tech at the dealer yesterday and he made it seem like it may not even be operational without a calibration... but that's also their job so I get it.

They charge $6/mile and $155/hour to do the cal. He was planning to send a tech from a local site so only a few miles, but he never told me the hourly minimum on the cal so it could probably easily get to a few hundred bucks.

I'm going to drive up to Milwaukee this morning and grab the joystick base and swap it in today. If it works fine I'll tell him not to bother.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I chatted with the field service tech at the dealer yesterday and he made it seem like it may not even be operational without a calibration...
I'd bet money he's working by the book (see earlier attachment) and has never tried replacing one without doing the calibration. Then he wouldn't have said that.

I agree with you that I'd try it first and see how it goes before making the service call. What do you have to lose.? Just be a bit careful the first time you move the joystick in case some system responds a bit faster than you were expecting.

Kevin Finley

It's been stuck in the middle of a field for two weeks. It's got room to buck like a bronco. My last skid was a 743 with no parking brake that is responsible for denting my truck while I was taking a leak.

I'll park far away

Kevin Finley

Installed it and it runs great. Im still torn on doing the calibration because this is a new machine for me and I’m confused by the controls.

If I’m crawling, and try to accelerate, the machine will only crawl. If I stop and then push the lever forward I can get full speed again. Just seems odd

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
this is a new machine for me and I’m confused by the controls.
Do you have an Operation & Maintenance Manual for it yet.?
Sometimes it is not in the pocket behind the seat where it was when the machine was new.
Probably the best investment you can ever make. The manual can be downloaded in pdf form from Cat if you don't have one. I can walk you through the process if necessary.