• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2007 Century dash is dead

terex herder

Went to start my 2007 Century day cab this morning and the dash is dead. No life at all in the gages. The engine started normally. I didn't find a fuse labeled for dash, but all the fuses were good.

Any ideas where to look or things to check?

terex herder

I find reference to the location of the SAM module on the cascadia, but nothing on the Century. I looked around on the Century, but didn't find anything that looked like the pictures for the Cascadia.

I took the dash apart, and all the gages are daisy chained from the digital readout in the upper center of the dash. I'm guessing either the power supply is dead, or the digital display is dead.

terex herder

The digital display was bad. Freightliner calls it a light bar. New was $600, $75 to a junkyard got me one that worked. Truck jumped from 450K to 1,420K, shows 9 active faults, but gages work now.